When it comes time to purchase a pressure washer, there are a few things you need to take into consideration. You need to decide what type of pressure washer you want – electric or gas. You also need to think about the features you want your pressure washer to have and what size you need. Once you’ve decided all that, it’s time for the fun part – shopping! Here are some tips on how to purchase the perfect pressure washer for your needs.
The Different Types of Pressure Washers
Electric pressure washers are powered by electricity and can come with different wattages. They usually have lower PSI ratings than gas pressure washers, but they are quieter and more lightweight. An option to consider is a portable power washer because it’s more convenient to use, and it’s not as heavy-duty. Gas pressure washers are powered by gas and have higher PSI ratings than electric pressure washers. They are also heavier and noisier than electric pressure washers.
The Different Features of Pressure Washers
When purchasing a pressure washer, it’s important to decide what features you want it to have. Some of the most common features include:
- Wattage/amperage – this is how powerful the electric motor is on the pressure washer
- PSI (pounds per square inch) – this is the measure of how much pressure the water is putting out and will affect how quickly the dirt is removed
- GPM (gallons per minute) – this is how much water the pressure washer can put out at once and will affect how long it takes to clean a surface
- Soap dispenser – allows you to add soap to the water to help loosen dirt and grime
- Turbo nozzle – increases the power and speed of the spray – clean faster
- Adjustable pressure – some pressure washers have an adjustable pressure knob so that you can customize the amount of pressure depending on what you’re cleaning
The Different Sizes of Pressure Washers
Pressure washers come in a variety of sizes, and it’s important to choose the one that is best suited for your needs. If you’re only going to be using it occasionally or for smaller tasks, then a compact or portable pressure washer might be the best option. If you plan on using it for larger tasks or more frequently, then you’ll need a pressure washer with a higher wattage and GPM.
How to Shop for a Pressure Washer
Now that you know what type of pressure washer you want and the features you want it to have, it’s time to start shopping. When shopping for a pressure washer, it’s important to compare prices and read reviews. You also need to make sure you’re getting a good deal. Check the manufacturer’s warranty and see if the retailer offers any type of warranty or return policy.
It’s also important to make sure you’re getting the right pressure washer for your needs. If you’re not sure which one to get, ask the salesperson for help. They should be able to recommend the best pressure washer for your needs and budget. Now that you know how to purchase a pressure washer, it’s time to get started on your next cleaning project!