Let’s face it, our teeth have to endure a lifetime of hard work and like other aspects of our body, we do need to look after our teeth and gums, and that means regular oral check-ups with your dentist. Of course, there are quite a few cosmetic dentistry treatments that people look for and with that in mind, here are just some of the cosmetic dental treatments that adults are interested in.
- Invisalign – This treatment is ideal to straighten crooked teeth and involves the dentist creating a special clear plastic aligner that can be removed when eating. This device exerts pressure on specific points, which, over time, straightens your smile. Teenagers prefer Invisalign to wire braces, as the device is not visible when worn, while many adults are also looking to straighten their teeth using this amazing system called Invisalign.
- Laser Teeth Whitening Treatment – This is a revolutionary treatment that uses a special gel that the dentist applies to the tooth enamel and this gel reacts to the directed laser light. If you would like to know the teeth whitening cost, talk to your local dentist who would offer laser teeth whitening, which isn’t as costly as you might think. The dentist discusses the treatment with the patient and you can go up to 8 shades whiter and the sessions are short and painless.
- Replacing Amalgam Fillings – Metal fillings were the norm many years ago, yet today people prefer all-white composite fillings, as they are not noticeable. If you have amalgam fillings and would like them replaced with white composite, your local dentist can probably do it. Another reason to switch to composite is that amalgam fillings do contain mercury, which is harmful to your health.
- Porcelain Veneers – A great way to give your smile a complete makeover, porcelain veneers can be used for uneven or crooked teeth. They also are used to hide stains and discolouration and with a skilled dentist; the results can be spectacular. If you would like to learn more about dental veneers, make an appointment with your local dentist and you can discuss the options with the expert. There are several materials that can be used for veneers and the experts all agree that high grade porcelain is best and although they are slightly more expensive, the benefits are many.
- Custom Mouthguard – If you play contact sports, there’s always a chance of damaging or even losing a tooth and your dentist can create a custom mouthguard to protect your teeth and jaw. Sporting injuries can be severe and without proper protection, you could seriously damage your teeth. After a few games, wearing a mouthguard becomes second nature and you are avoiding potential oral injury.
With Zoom teeth whitening treatment and Invisalign, you can enjoy a whiter smile and straighten your teeth. With the Internet, it is always easy to find a local dentist. The summer is upon us and you can accentuate your deep tan by making your teeth a few shades whiter, giving you a healthy glow.