Lamb chops and steaks are an everyday meal in many households. Lamb meat can be grilled, baked, roasted, fried, boiled, or even stewed. You can have it served with whatever accompaniment you wish depending on how you prepare it. You can also go for a one-pot meal to avoid staying longer in the kitchen. In this piece, we will provide a few tasty lamb recipes you might enjoy trying out at home.
1. Greek Lamb Chops:
In whatever way you decide to make your lamb steaks or chops, if you are a good cook, you will get awesome results. Like the Greek restaurants will always say, Greek lamb chops are the best food you will taste this year if you have never tried it out. As outlined on Cleaver’s organic Greek seasoned butterfly lamb shoulder recipe, they can be an amazing choice for midweek dinner. This is especially true if you select organic grass-fed Greek lamb shoulder. Below is an easy recipe for Greek lamb chops.
- A quarter cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- Dried oregano (Greek if possible) ½ cup chopped fresh
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Ground black pepper
- 8 lamb chops
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Discard any bone fragments from the chops and pat them dry.
- Mix all ingredients in one bowl.
- Pour the marinade on the chops while arranged on a large plate. Cover the meat with plastic and marinate it preferably overnight.
- Heat oil in a pan just until it starts smoking. Fry the lamb for 3-4 minutes depending on the thickness.
- Let the meat rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle a little extra dried oregano to give the Greek flavor.
2. Garlic and Rosemary Grilled Lamb Chops:
Most people have this notion that lamb has too strong of a flavor. Some say it tastes weird. The main reason why many people don’t like lamb, however, is perhaps because they haven’t come across a properly cooked piece. They would have changed their mind. If you are that person, here is a recipe that once you have tried, you will change your mind.
- 2 thick-cut lamb chops
- ½ tbsp. ground black pepper
- 4 garlic minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped rosemary.
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon
- Combine all the ingredients in one measuring cup.
- Cover the lamb chops completely with the marinade.
- Cover the chops with a plastic wrap for about an hour or preferably overnight.
- When ready, heat your grill to medium heat.
- Grill the chops on each side until they are 135 degrees hot.
- After they are done, place them on a plate and cover them with a foil for about 5 minutes before serving.
3. Lamb Chops with Balsamic Reduction:
The quality of lamb depends majorly on the spices you choose to add. They determine largely how good the results of your preparation will be. Let’s take a look at another awesome recipe that you ought to try out.
- Balsamic vinegar
- ¾ tbsp dried rosemary
- Lamb chops
- ¼ tbsp dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ tbsp dried thyme
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- A quarter cup of minced shallots
- 1 tbsp butter
- Mix all the spices and rub the mixture onto the lamb chops, covering them and setting them aside for 20 minutes or so.
- Heat the oil until it starts smoking.
- Cook the lamb chops in oil with each side taking up to 4 minutes depending on your preference. When cooked, place them on a serving platter.
- Add vinegar and shallots to the skillet, scraping any lamb bits off it. Let the sauce cook until it reduces by about half – then remove the skillet from the heat. You can now pour the sauce over the lamb chops and serve them at your own pleasure.
Lamb is an amazing meal, especially for dinner. However, it largely depends on how you cook it. The above few recipes can help you make a mouthwatering lamb dinner for you and your family.