Eyes are delicate, and so is the skin around it. They need to be taken care of. One should never ignore the healthiness of the eyes. The skin around the eyes plays a vital role in this. Almost every other person we meet suffers from the common problem of dark circles. Some leave it unattended while there are others who take this issue seriously and act.
Dark circles can happen to anyone. Your age or gender does not matter or influence the appearance of dark circles. It is a myth that only women fall prey to this condition. Men also have dark circles. Apart from adults, nowadays small children also have this issue. The reasons for having dark circles can vary from person to person.
Dark circles can appear because of many reasons like;
- It can be hereditary. They can pass on to the children from the parents.
- Lack of sleep comes across as the most common cause. People who are deprived of sleep are prone to dark circles.
- Stress and worrying about things a little extra will cause dark circles.
- Iron Deficiency
- Excessive smoking and intake of alcohol
- Weight gain which causes fluid retention
Now that you are well aware of what can cause those ugly dark circles, have a look at the following beauty tips which can help you getting rid of them easily.
- Apply Almond oil: Almond oil is rich in Vitamin E. Apply a small amount of almond oil with cotton on the dark circles for few days as you begin to see the results. You can do this routine before going to bed and wash it with cold water in the morning.
- Cucumber works wonders: Place a piece of cucumber in the refrigerator. After few hours, put it on your eyes and leave for 15 – 20 minutes. This will relax your eyes too and act on eye puffiness too.
- Clean the skin with rose water: The gentlest way of getting rid of those dark circles is by using rose water.
- Grate potatoes: Grate few potatoes and extract the juice from them. Apply this juice with cotton on the dark circles. Rinse it after few minutes.
- After use of green tea bags: Do not throw the used green tea bags next time you make a cup of green tea for yourself. Freeze them for half an hour and then place over your eyes.
- Cold Milk: People have reported great results by using cold milk over the dark circles. Milk is a natural and harmless way of cleansing the skin.
Apart from all the above tips, you can turn to over the counter ointments too. But this is not advisable because even though the product says that it is skin friendly, it does contain chemicals which can worsen the condition of your dark circles.
Take some good care of your eyes, sleep well and you those annoying dark circles will disappear!!